Translate

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Review: Maybelline Jade "Dream Satin liquid" Foundation

Hey dearies,

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying weekend. Well, here in Germany it's evening now and we are gearing up for a new week starting tomorrow. And to rescue you from Monday blues (ahh..well for those who actually so), I have just the right review about a really great drugstore foundation from the brand Maybelline. 

Honestly speaking, I was never fond of Maybelline products until last two years and I'm truly captivated by the range and quality of products they have introduced in the last two years. And that too at a very affordable price range (very important factor!). One such product that caught my attention was this foundation by the name of "Dream Satin liquid". Initially, I wasn't sure to buy this as I was in constant conflict for some little pricey, widely reviewed & loved foundations from other known brands. But testing it from the shelf, I liked the soft, creamy, mousse-like texture with a satin finish (as the name claims!). And hey...that's what I was looking for my foundation. Besides it's availability in 5 different shades at my local drugstore gave an option to mix-up two shades to create my own shade. But good lord saved me and I found my true shade in "NUDE 21". 

I LOVE IT because
  • the air-whipped liquid glides on efficiently and provides a perfect coverage (medium to full)
  • it feels very light on skin
  • it's ultra-blendable and super easy to build up
  • it gives a satin-luminous finish (read: not shiny)
  • and provides almost poreless finish (I've big pores around my T-zone!)
  • it's oil & fragrance free and suits best to my combination skin
  • And most importantly, very easy to clean up and no clogging of pores

CONCERN
It doesn't contain SPF. 

HOW I USE IT
Unlike many other foundations, It works best when applied using fingertips. It almost feel like if I'm applying a thick moisturiser. No brushes or beauty blenders required until and unless you prefer it otherwise.

PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
In Germany, it's available in drugstores like dm, Rossmann, Müller and Parfumeries like Douglas. Or else, you may purchase it online through amazon. It costs ca. €8 for 30 ml of product but price may vary depending on where you buy it. Also, depending on the country you live in you might also get various shade options.

FINAL VERDICT
All in all it's a very good foundation considering the coverage, application, quantity and price. I have been using it for my combination skin for about 2 months and have no complaints whatsoever. It is the foundation that I grab on daily basis and a little goes a long way as you need only a pump and half for an even skin tone. For anyone, who has a clean & clear skin and doesn't want to cake up their faces with heavy foundations, it's worth your attention. At the same time those with little imperfections might build up the foundation for better coverage without being looking cakey or artificial.

I hope this review will be helpful to some of you! I shall see you soon with a new product review and many more events. For updates subscribe to my blog, follow on facebook, instagram or via bloglovin'.



No comments:

Post a Comment