Translate

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Home Remedy: Say no to cold and sore throat

Heya,

It's winter and with snow, wind and rains, its getting even more cold. For some it may be the best time of the year but people like me freeze even in a warm house. ;-) And I catch cold just like that! Trust me I hate to get sick especially with cough & cold. Also with a baby at home, I can't really afford to get sick. I have to be constantly moving and be healthy to enjoy every moment (special) with my dearest family. 

For those of you who are on the same platform as me, here's a quick home remedy to prevent & cure common symptoms of cold. This home remedy is a concoction largely based on the Ayurveda and ingredients can be easily found in any indian kitchen/ asian stores.

Ingredients:

Ginger (1/2 inch)
Black peppercorns (12-15)
Honey (1 tsp)
Water ( 1Tsp)

A Mortar-Pestle or a similar equipment

Preparation:

Crush the black peppercorns in a Mortar-pestle to a fine powder. 
Add the ginger piece in the same pestle and crush and grind the two together. The juices will now start separating
Add a tablespoon of water and again grind for a minute.
Filter the syrup in a clean jar/bottle.
Add a teaspoon of honey and your concoction is ready.

How to use it:

Take a teaspoon of this concoction and let it sit for a few seconds on throat before gulping it down.
If you have a heavy cold or flu like symptoms, drink a teaspoon of concoction 4-5 times a day. 
If you have a mild cold, take it 2-3 times a day.
If you are just suspecting cold or just at the onset of cold, take a teaspoon and observe the symptoms in the next 2-3 hours. If the symptoms still persist, treat it as for the mild cold.

Also, don't forget to drink a lot of water throughout the day to prevent dehydration that might occur due to ginger.

Seriously guys, this remedy provides instant relief. Last year I had a very bad flu and took this 5 times a day for straight 3 days and I cured my flu within a span of a week. Since then, I take it at the slight onset of cold symptoms like frequent sneezing, coughing, running nose or body pain.

This remedy works better than most of prescribed medicines. My entire family swear by this remedy.

Definitely try this out! I guarantee you an instant relief. :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment